Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How she's growing...

Monday morning was the 4month checkup. (what? my baby is 4 months old? no way.)  I'm happy to report that all is well. She's in the 75% percentile across the board (15lb and 25in) - so she's a pretty big girl.  Dr. Tull gave the go ahead to begin babyfood if Immy seems interested... so far we've tried rice cereal (which she liked) and carrots (which she did not like :).  I've heard that you should give the babies veggies before fruits so they won't start with a sweet tooth. Not sure if that's fact or fiction...but I'll probably try a few more veggies before we break out the bananas and pears.
Oh, and I must add that the shots were traumatizing. Actually, not sure which hurt more, her legs or her feelings.... but she screamed for a good long while (I tried feeding her for 'comfort', but she wouldn't hear of it). I finally got her calmed down enough to leave the office, but she screamed the entire way home... and then told Daddy all about the mistreatment. :)  Poor lovey.

But she's all better now.  See?



In other news:  Last Friday Boppa and Nona stopped by for a visit. Immy had fun playing... and I should have gotten the camera out sooner... This shot was taken right before she went down for a nap. I still think it's cute, though. :)


And Imogen went on her first picnic last week. We had one glorious day in the 70's... so we high-tailed it to the park.  Oh, hint-of-spring, we love you!


Love.


6 comments:

  1. love the pics! especially the one "all better" pose where she is wearing the hat. so cute. poor girl. shots are so mean. but they cheer up pretty fast. i love immy, she's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She doesn't like carrots.. good for her! She's a girl after my own heart. She is such a doll, Anya. Love you guys and miss you all.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pictures! Glad she's recovered so well from her jabs. Love to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to starting Kam on solids! She is starting to watch us eat now. I'm going to ask her pediatrician next time what he thinks. All the pics are so cute! Glad Immy is not upset with you anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete