Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Thoughts of gratitude

God's been good in my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep at night.
Though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't trade them if I could,
For through it all, God's been good.


I find this song going around in my head a few times a day and I always smile (or choke up :-) when I think of how very true it is.  God has done amazing things in my life and I want to praise Him every day -- and honor Him with the responsibilities He has given me.


Camp is tomorrow. Pretty crazy. T and I were counting up all the new little people who will be in attendance for the first time this year... it's quite a group!  I'm looking forward to it... and I know Imogen is, too!

Picasa's got new pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/anya.seven/ImogenDec2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCOO-iqC8zJ-NHA&feat=directlink

And it was the most adorable thing you've ever seen... yesterday when Immy was taking her bath she was so overcome with joy (oh man, warm water will do it every time...ahh) that she laughed out loud....4 whole times.  Oh course, she had settled down by the time we got the camera in there... so you'll have to take my word for it. :-)

Much love.

4 comments:

  1. first things first. i was just going to mention that song that boss and mary sang when i was at your house. i get that same feeling when i hear it. i have so much to be thankful for! thanks for sharing. also, can't believe there will be so many little ones. hope we can get a pic. and last but not least, so cute about immy and her bath. and laughing. how do they know when you get the camera out? that's little to laugh out loud! was it the new tub that did the trick? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear her laugh! Oh what fun...

    Love the words to that song-- what a blessing to know the Lord and be in his presence daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dido that. Love the words to that song. Being a Wife and a mother is an awesome responsibility that I more take for granted more than I should. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete