Nap time. I hear little babies (mine included, I'm assuming) should be taking bunches upon bunches of long naps a day. This is fantastic for the growth of the baby... and for the mommy getting a few things done around the place. You would think this would just happen naturally. Put the baby down. Baby falls asleep. Mommy cleans the bathroom. And it may, for some, but Im and I haven't learned all the tricks just yet. We've tried putting her down in her crib a few times... and usually this results in a screaming baby (and a wide-eyed mom... it reeeally stinks to hear your baby cry!). So, since mommy is still a tad bit fragile, the family has reached a compromise. After Imogen has eaten, and we've played for a while, I'll put her in her room in the moving swing, kiss her good-nap, and leave the room. After she is sleeping peacefully (it only takes a few minutes), I tip-toe back in and turn the swing off...then tip-toe back out, past the dirty bathroom and the basket of clean laundry... and go write a blog post!
Ok, just kidding, my bathroom really isn't dirty (this time)... but I do need to take a walk before the next round begins.
I'll leave you with these pics of our charming girl. She really is so fun to hang out with. I'm so glad she came to live with us!
Here we were preparing to go to Courtney Cotten's baby shower:
She sits! (yes, we'll call this a new trick)
Much love.
Rory required swinging to go to sleep for a while, too...and I still resort to it at times. And I'm with you...nothing worse than baby tears! I'm fragile in that department too. glad yall are getting along so well! see you soon! we'll be down this weekend! -kristy
ReplyDeleteDo you remember that Isabel slept in her carseat for the first two months? Whatever works, right? Hope you have a good weekend.
ReplyDeleteJackie