I love going to TX. I love seeing friends and getting reacquainted (ie: "now who does that little boy in the blue shirt belong to? Oh, that's Beau? No way." well, hopefully I wasn't THAT bad :) with everyone. I love to be able to go to restaurants that we don't have back east (why are there so many of them??? I always come home feeling a little worse for wear in the healthy living department). And I love driving around the old stomping grounds. This trip I felt like I was able to do quite a bit of driving, and I would say things like "Immy, this is Old Granbury Road. Isn't it beautiful?" Because it is.
On Monday, as I sat in the sun with Biz and Auty, eating gelato from Central Market, I called my husband to see if he would just get a ticket to fly out and meet us in Ft. Worth, since by this time we were having so much fun but we couldn't stand the thought of being without T for one more day...his sweet response was "I already checked for tickets a few days ago and they're sadly very expensive." Aw.
So as sad as we were to pack up and have to say goodbye to Aunt Jackie and Biz, we knew we had a fun reunion ahead.
So yes, a mighty fine trip (even with illness, as unfun as it was, it gave me quiet time to visit with Jackie, which was the silver lining). I'm going to post pics but the Blogger interface on the iPad doesn't allow for captions (hello?? dear Blogger folks, if you're listening... )
so I'll just put them in chronological order.
(and that ch word up there looks very out of place on my monosyllabic site :)
Love to each and every one.
And ps: forget the whole chron order idea, for apparently the Blogger photo interface for iPad has a mind of its own... imagine it. The one of Davie and Im together is at the science museum. There is one of us playing Sound of Music on the football field. And there's one of Davie sleeping on the airplane seat (what in the world, right?).









Awww, I'm so sad I didn't get to go! Love the pics, especially the one of Immy & the piano, brings back some memories. Looks like you guys had a great time. Love you.
ReplyDeleteGlad you all had a fun trip!! Makes me want to go see my family!!
ReplyDeleteFun fun! Sounds like you had a great time and I'm glad you had the chance to go. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteLooks like such fun and I'm happy you got to go. We missed you, though! There's nothing quite like going "home." Even when real home is where you live now, the other is home too. If that makes any sense at all.
ReplyDeleteI'm happy that you all got to go encourage Jackie and Biz. I too love going "home" to TX where I was born and raised. And, I too, always come away feeling like I ate MORE than ENOUGH food that wasn't great for the body. It' so Good though! Anyway, Welcome home to VA! Can't wait to see ya'll!
ReplyDeletelove this. love sound of music. the amount of times cousins and i have gotten together to pretend we're the vontraps...
ReplyDeletehappy you all got to go.
hugs.
Awww, so sorry we missed you. We were in CA the whole time. Glad you had a good time though, we'll see you next time. :)
ReplyDeleteAlisha
Thanks for spending the afternoon with us! I enjoyed our time of visiting and I'm glad we got one song in there!! Immy was so sweet to let a "stranger" sing her to sleep and babysit her for a few minutes. I enjoyed every minute of that!
ReplyDelete