Friday, May 13, 2011

The scoop.

Well, Imogen has seen 6 months come and go... and they've treated her nicely, wouldn't you say?


Im saw Dr. Tull yesterday for her 6mo checkup. She landed in the 60% for weight (17lb 4oz), and the 80% for height (27")... yay! Maybe this means she'll end up taller than her mama (shouldn't be too difficult).
She took her jabs like a champ (I think it was because we brought Daddy along for support this time), only crying a little but calming down pretty quickly.   So, all is well indeed.


Last weekend was our Richmond camp. We had such a fun time, as always. Im and I stayed in a cabin with the other mamas and babies, so that was a fun and new experience (pretty sure my daughter slept better than I did :). 
Here's the only photo I got of the entire weekend... it's Immy taking a test drive in Kipling's car.


So, there's the recent scoop.  I can't believe my little Poocious is half a year old (and she can't believe that I call her that)!  We're having lots of fun and she really is the sweetest little thing you ever did see.  I guess I should be up front and say that, yes, there are days when I feel rather (!!) overwhelmed.... and yes, I still wake up nearly every night (well, around 4am, technically) to feed my baby... (and yes, I could let her cry, but don't want to... just yet).... and yes, there are days when I feel frazzled (did I already say that? :)... and yes, my house gets yucky... and yes, the laundry can pile...and yes, everything seems to take extra long to get done these days....
... but yes, I am unbelievably blessed, and happy, and thankful to God for allowing me the blessing and privilege of being this girl's momma. 

And I pray I'm making the most of it like I should.

Much love to you all!


9 comments:

  1. She's adorable, Anya! Can't wait to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything went well at the Dr.'s. Can't wait to see you guys at camp! Love you both so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to sum up the life of a little girl's momma. So true...so true. See you very soon! Love you. -Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed this post. Immy is looking so grown up and adorable, as always! Your thought, I pray that I'm making the most of like I should...that meant a lot to me. When I look back over the past year of B's life...where did it go? I know I didn't make the most of it. How can I really? Life gets so busy. I wish I could push a stand still button. I am trying to makw the most of my time with Braxton. I love being a mommy, and I'm glad we are in it together! See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, I guess Cams wanted to say hi. I had a nice little comment ready to post and he reached up and pressed the ESC button..... so as I was saying... Immy is sooo cute, I loved this post and really enjoy reading your blog. Being a Mama does bring so many emotions both joyful & overwhelming. I'm so glad that we can be mamas together. Glad Immy slept so good at camp sorry it was my baby keepin you awake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Cams! :)
    And just for the record, I never sleep well at camp... so you're adorable boy had nothing to do with it, Cheree. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spoken like a true, authentic, and loving momma!

    By the way, I've never seen the spelling of her name as you spell it. Tell me how it's pronounced...just in case I'm butchering it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Anita!

    The name 'Imogen' (sounds like 'EmmaJen') -- was created in 1611 by Shakespeare, so it's super old... but, when it came across the pond a bunch of years ago, Americans took to adding an extra 'e' to the end (Imogene), which changed the pronunciation ('EmmaJean'). So ya, all good Southern folks know an Imogene... but no one has ever heard of Imogen. :)

    I know, I know... when she gets big she's either gonna love us or hate us for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad I asked! Actually, I had it right in my mind, although I had no idea of the Shakespeare connection. Because, I'd never heard the name, I thought possibly I was wrong.

    I think it's a pretty cool name. :)

    Be prepared for 99% of people to call her "EmmaJean" until she or you tell them at least 10 times what her name is.

    Most of the time, people spell Hayley's name, which is the traditional spelling from way back when, as Haley. Can't seem to get that other "Y" in there.

    Me and 2 other people call her
    "Hay-Lee." Everyone pronounces it "Hail-Lee," including herself. LOL

    I tried.

    Thanks for letting me know about the comment. It's nice to put it on the blog as part of her "story."

    Glad you liked my Mother's Day post. Hope your first one was memorable. :)

    By the way, my blog has an option for commenters to receive notification of follow-up comments. I don't see it on yours. Hmmm.

    Hayley says hello to you too.

    ReplyDelete