Monday, January 31, 2011

A safari, a visit from friends, and Bring-Your-Daughter-to-Work Day

Hello, friends.  Here's what's been up!

On Friday Whitney and Kamryn came down for a visit. Immy and I had been talking about it this whole week and she was beside herself with excitement as we awaited their arrival. See? :-)                  

The morning dawned snowily in Ch'ville...but happily, W and K were still able to make it! The kids played for a few minutes, then went down for their naps while the mommies ate lunch and had fun visiting.
After nap-time was over, more friends came over for coffee and the cookies I forgot about until right after Whit left (sorry!).  I wasn't able to get a good photo of the girls... but snapped a few when the handsome Mr. K wedged his way between the ladies.

'Ladies Man 24/7', indeed
(that's what his shirt claimed)
 We wanted one of girls only... so Court held them in her lap. 3 in a row! I think my daughter was crying because she wants to meet the new baby!

Anyway, it was a very fun day. Thanks for braving the weather, Whitney!


Saturday was a fun and relaxing day at this Campbell house. T got a new board game (Catanesque...so beware!), and we had fun learning/playing. It's a game that's still fun with only 2 people, so that was cool.

Sunday was a pretty, pretty day. After meeting we came home for lunch and then went to the park. Im slept in the car nearly the entire time, T played soccer, and I took a walk and visited with friends on the bench.
A Sunday morning shot of my wonderful family.

Sunday night D and L showed up on our doorstep to learn the new game (I mean, they were invited...and decided to show). So we had lots of fun and even more snacks...and someone had beginners luck. :-)

And now it's Monday again, with all new adventures in store!

Every morning after Im gets up, eats breakfast, bathes, and dresses, we go in to the office to say good-morning to Daddy. Here's a photo from that time this morning:
Oh, I love these two together!!

Im's wearing her first 'Threadless' tee. Courtesy of a few very good friends. I don't know if you can tell in the pic, but there's a bear that has tied little wings on his back...and he's asking a 'fellow bee' for honey.  T actually bought me this same t-shirt a few years ago... I need to dig it out!


Much love. And a good week to all!





2 comments:

  1. beginners luck...pshaw!
    immy is adorable btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From a purely objective standpoint, I'd say that's a pretty cute baby. Love the pics.

    And thanks for answering the $10K question on the previous post-- I wondered what that meant! I've been starting every day with that laughing video-- almost missed this post because I was just keeping that page open!

    ReplyDelete