Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Baby Mani

Ok, folks, if you have a baby of your own you know that they really know how to grow fingernails!  It's amazing how fast they grow... and even amazinger how darn hard they are to clip!  Actually, how would I even know? I haven't even been able to clip my daughter's fingernails for fear of taking the top of her finger off with the clipping.  Fine. Call me paranoid. I did attempt it once, but got a bit of skin... and that was the end of that.  So, I've just been cleaning them out (for the life of me I can't understand how stuff gets under these tiny baby nails!....what is that stuff, anyway??) with a fingernail file and then filing them down. Granted, this can only be done when Im's asleep in my arms... which is happening less and less frequently these days....a fact that both makes me want to smile (she's getting really good at falling asleep unassisted), and frown (aww, I love rocking my baby!).
Sooo, how do you do it? And will you (whoever you are) give me classes... or just do it for me??

Much love.


2 comments:

  1. Oooh, I have made my boys little fingers bleed more than once. Pratice makes perfect though and the more you do it the easier it gets. Plus the fact that in just a few months it will be much easier anyway. They do grow like weeds though. Jack keeps a small garden growing under his these days. It's so gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. run your nail under immy's nails just before clipping to detach them from the skin. I've found, too, that the mani is easiest while baby sleeps! see you this weekend, i hope!

    ReplyDelete