Tuesday, November 27, 2012

post thanks

Hope you all had an excellent holiday weekend. We certainly did.

We spent Thanksgiving day at Autumn's house with family and friends -- the food was incredible -- main thanks for that goes to Auty and my Mom and Dad.

Why didn't my camera come out? Probably because I barely lifted a finger all day...except fingers to face, shamefully. :)  But I did snap a few of the girls and their grandparents right at the start of the day.

my girl is getting too big!




these two.

The Baby Blue Cat Who Said No
(it's been read to 2 year old Imogen nearly one hundred times
by Nona...and it doesn't even belong at our house, but Immy requests
that Nona bring it every time we're together :)

Boppa got a turn to read it, too!



My parents stayed with us on Thursday and Friday night and we got tons of work done around the place...the huge, huge job of getting the leaves all cleaned up was a major thing that got done, no thanks to this mama.
troubleshooting a stolen blower
(oh, by the way, can we borrow your blower, D and L?)

Mom, busily working
Immy, taking a ride

the finished project

I promise I didn't just sit around eating bon bons all day :).
Big thanks to Mom and Dad for working with us and helping to cross a few things off the list.

The kitchen is coming together quite nicely -- shelves are hung, floor is laid, laundry and half bath complete (minus a little trim painting), cabinets face-lifted, dishwasher is humming, and all is well.


The countertops are the last big job, and they're supposed to be in by Thursday. It's so, so exciting to see everything coming together! I've been quietly (and mostly not-so-quietly) amazed to see my super tech husband tackle these projects nearly single handedly, one by one, with the help of a YouTube tutorial or two. :)

More photos forthcoming after the countertop is installed. And I'm hoping to be able to find a 'before' photo...I'm kicking myself now that I didn't take some in the beginning.


So now it's about time for our new little Campbell to arrive. I'm 39 weeks and counting, had an appointment yesterday and was told to expect a baby any day now...but I'm not too hopeful, because they told me the same thing with Imogen...and she was 4 days late. :) But even 4 days late gives us a baby next week...and next week doesn't seem that far away.
And things are progressing nicely on the pre-labor front, so that was good to hear. And I'm feeling good and sleeping ok...so no complaints.


a drawer of baby things

Can't wait to meet this little one. And for him to meet you all!

Love.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun few days with the family. The project is coming along great! We will be home tomorrow and looking forward to coming and visiting as soon as the little mister arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking about you all and praying for the safe arrival of your little guy! Love you, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eek, so fun to see that baby bag is packed! Hope his arrival is safe. Glad to see the projects are getting crossed off,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to meeting your new little guy! Praying all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kitchen looks great and can't wait for baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for the baby!!! Hoping he comes tomorrow so I can be there ASAP! Love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete