Thursday, November 8, 2012

bake. bake. bake.

This is a post about pregnancy.
You've been warned.

Naw, it ain't really as bad as all that.


Oh, second pregnancy, how you've differed from the first...
-Weeks have gone by so much faster.
-I'm carrying a rowdy boy this time, instead of a rowdy girl.
-My back cooperated with life so much better this time around...with Imogen it was a non-stop annoyance from 17 weeks on, but with the boy it's been hit and miss from 30 weeks.
-But I must say I feel so much older and creakier with this pregnancy...dunno if it gets more and more this way with each consecutive child...makes me wonder how folks with several kids manage it.
-Last pregnancy my best friend was the swimming pool...this time it's the heating pad. I think this is a seasonal difference, but also due to the fact that taking a toddler to the pool is not the most relaxing experience you'll ever know :)
-I really do feel like I'm 100 years old.
-And ready to be done.
-And ready to meet our son.
-But until that day I really could just sit in a strongly detergent scented room, crunching ice...all day long. (this one isn't different from pregnancy with Im...)


20 weeks:


36 weeks:




And yep, I'm nervous about the events that are quickly approaching (labor, birth, postpartum, bringing a new baby home, juggling baby and toddler and everyday stuff...), it'd be silly to say that I'm not...but it's funny because I used to think that girls who were having second (or third, etc) babies wouldn't have to deal with nerves and all that because they'd done it all before...and now I know. :)
But I'm excited. Super excited. And full of overwhelming love for my sweet, sweet, amazing little family.

And I've been learning more and more that faith trumps fears...when I allow it to.

God is so good.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

8 comments:

  1. Amazing how something so ordinary (having babies) is so major. I think we all understand "the nerves."

    Counting down!!!

    And yes, God IS good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, can't wait to meet your sweet boy! Maybe we can squeeze a visit in before he's born and after we get back from TX. :) If not, we'll come down to visit after he's born! Love to your family from ours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww Anya, Hang in there. It really won't be long and your baby will be here and all of a sudden he will be 4 weeks old for some reason that period of time will have flown by but the 4 weeks prior to birth feels like it takes forever to get through. Take whatever help is offered & it's ok to ask for help too.(something I'm still working on learning) Can't wait to meet that sweet sweet baby boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can relate to the weeks going by much faster!!! Geez. Last time I was so anxious for time to pass, although I did enjoy my pregnancy...this time, I am willing time to go slower. I don't feel like I'm getting time to enjoy it; it's just flying and I forget that I'm even pregnant!

    Can't wait to meet your sweet boy! With your quick labor with Immy, I'm sure this one will be a piece of cake, unless you can't make it wherever you want to give birth in time! :O

    Glad your back is better this time...and I totally understand the "older and creakier"!!! I was so active and energetic with Arden...this time I'm so sleepy and don't want to get out of bed, I have hardly any motivation to exercise, and eating well is a struggle when your first priority is feeding a toddler!

    Hope the last few weeks goes easy on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, Anya, you're going to do so awesome...i mean, you're practically superwoman, right?
    ya, kinda been learning that faith trumping fears thing myself. you'd think we'd get it by now...
    miss ya'll immensely.
    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm confident that you'll do amazing. I count myself blessed to have an older sister that treads those scary waters ahead of me so that when it comes my turn I have a recourse to turn to. I can't wait to see that little guy! I'll come over anytime and put him to sleep, crying babies don't bother me a bit (as long as they aren't mine) Love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feeling for you and anxious right along with you to meet the new little one. Oh what I would give to watch Imogen with her new brother. Miss you all so much! - Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking about you guys in the upcoming weeks! So exciting! By the way your outfit at 36 weeks is Adorable:)

    Alisha

    ReplyDelete