Monday, September 12, 2011

the story of a pink balloon

Gentle Readers:

Top of the Monday morning to you.  I hope that your weather feels like our weather...only a little less humid.  The temperature is dropping and that is fine by me. 

Let's back-track a moment, shall we?
::sounds of dreamy chimes::

Before the busy Labor Day weekend in Charlottesville, we went to Saxon to find Immy a good pair of crawling shoes. It was our good fortune that select summer shoes were at a discount of 50%. So, we found a suitable set and made our way to the checkout.  Where we waited.
And waited.
You see, Henrico County schools were starting in a few days, so the place was packed with moms and childrens, all needing to be fit for back-to-school shoes.
"Why are they waiting until the very last second to shop for shoes??" , wondered the couple and baby who were buying shoes on their way out of town.  :)

Anyway, if a kid buys a pair of shoes at Saxon they get to select and take home a shiny balloon.... but by the time our turn came to pay I was ready to just get out of there. I certainly didn't want to wait in another line for a balloon. We left the store. Outside I noticed my husband was looking a little sad. I question. He says:  "I told her she could have a balloon. And I think she wants one." 
So, back into the store go Daddy and Im.  They emerge in a bit with a shiny pink balloon. And smiles all around.
My heart melts.



More on the happenings. Soon.

Love.

5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the story. Immy is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With three kids who have narrow feet, I've spent many, many hours in Saxon over the years; some of which was as one of those procrastinating, desperate parents needing shoes and gym shoes for school.

    I also started when the kids were babes. And we "always" got our balloons, too. It's the Saxon experience.

    By the way - who wanted that balloon more? Husband/Daddy or Darling Daughter? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fairly certain as you all were leaving the store that Im said, "pssst, Dad! You said I could have a balloon." Hum....
    Miss you all...Jackie

    ReplyDelete