Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Birthday, America.

We spent July 4th at my Mom and Dad's.  All of our family was there, plus Donald, Janni, Craig - Joel, Janet, Bronwyn and Whitney Amyett.  We had a yum cookout, and then just visited and played games.  A huge storm came through in the late afternoon and I was afraid that it would be crazy trying to drive home in it... but luckily things calmed down and we had smooth sailing going home.

Here are some favorite photos from the day:

Reading stories with Aunt Janky

the set-up :)

cousins

Burke and Davie

Imogen - hanging out with her granddads.

cooling off

All in all a fun day.


In other news, Immy is going through a bit of a clingy stage that started a couple weeks ago. All of a sudden she only wants her mom and dad. So, if anyone tries to hold her she cries and cries until she's back in the arms of her parents.  This goes for grandparents, aunties, Kim Clem (!!), you name it.  I've heard it's just a phase that she'll outgrow, and I really hope so... not that I don't love holding my girl (you know I do)... but I want her to be social.  And she is.... as long as Mama's holding her.  :)

Much love to all... hope you're all staying cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment