Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A mind of her own...

Here's my baby, wearing purple and working with Dad.

This girl is really something. She's really learning to want what she wants... hmm...wonder where that came from?  We've kind of worked to put her on somewhat of a schedule, which goes something like: eat, stay awake and play for awhile, sleep for awhile, eat, stay awake and play for awhile, sleep for awhile, ... repeat until bedtime.  Ok, so you notice that 'eat' comes right after 'sleep for awhile', so Immy is now pretty set on taking a nap before eating... even if it's been longer than usual since her last meal. I think she's hearty enough that sleep trumps food at this point. :-)
Also, she usually eats about every 3 hours... so occasionally when 3 hours rolls around I will attempt a feeding ... but she will hear nothing of it. She will cry and purse her lips tightly, basically saying "I...am...not...hungry!" (through tightly pursed lips, of course).  This always happens when she has skipped a nap... so if I can get her to sleep for a bit, she's usually hungry when she wakes up.
Semi-schedules (what I call what she's on) are great for predictability, but they make for some confusion on the part of the Mommy when there are days where the semi-schedule comes unraveled. Like, say, Sundays. But I'm learning to relax a bit (hopefully), and know that she'll eat when she's hungry and sleep when she's tired, and a weekly blip in the works really won't ruin anybody. :-)



In other really cool news, T's parents gave us Flip camera as a joint birthday present this year!
As you can see, it's a tiny camcorder, but capable of recording up to 2hours of video footage... perfect for capturing all of the smart and adorable feats of our little Chickadee!  We got the cutest clip of her laughing... I've got to figure out how to put those clips on the blog... T and I have watched it about 100+ times and we always end up laughing right along with her.  She's getting more and more smiley and will giggle when you play with her ('play with her' naturally means making very silly sounds over and over and over...).  So, hopefully I'll share a video with you all very soon.

Hope you're all well. How's the weather in TX? I can not wait until spring comes to Richmond!!! Taking the stroller out on a warm day is about the best thing I can think of right now.

Much love. 

2 comments:

  1. Miss you! Thanks for updating your blog...since I've never met Immy in person, this lovely blog about her will just have to suffice for now. Really would love to see a video of Immy laughing sometime. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather in TX is a beautiful 65 degrees today, a little warmer tomorrow then rain for the weekend (but still in the 60's)! I really enjoy looking at your blog to get an update of Im. Keep up the schedule! Love you, Lori

    ReplyDelete