Friday, May 3, 2013

May? Seriously?
Our baby love is 5 months. He is the sweetest sugar baby. He's smiley and friendly, and we all love him to bits.




 Here's a little update on our Ira:
(stats from 4mo appointment)
25" tall -- 25%
15lb -- 30%

Rolling all around, every whichaway -- scooting around in his crib and elsewhere.  He pretty much thinks he's a man, which he is not. I remind him of this several times a day...
I say: Ira doll, you're not a man, you're a tiny little infant baby.
And he smiles his enormous adorable smile at me.

I hope this is still the exchange several years from now.

I think he's teething, too. He's a lot more restless at night, and for the sake of mama's mental stability (read: sleep) he has been spending several hours a night snuggled up close to me. It's been so nice.



---
Imogen is a little lovely, herself.



She's so sweet and has a magnificent imagination -- its so fun to watch and listen to her playing...and to be sure to try and make time  when she bellows, "MOM, COME PLAY WITH ME!".
I think she's gotten the hang of this potty training thing, thanks in part to a sticker chart that ends in a trip to Sweet Frog. :)




She says the cutest things, and I try to write them down...like yesterday: "Don't worry about my wagon, Ira. We'll help you get in it." and this morning: "I'm going to be an airplane when I grow up. Or an ice cream truck."
Naturally there are some fits and various other bumps in the road that make this mama want to pull out a few hairs (the gray ones these kids are giving me, perhaps?)...but that's life, huh? And the sweet moments are ever so sweet.




---
We're enjoying the sunshine and all the fun that comes with it.  My life is a disorganized wreck...there...I said it... but I'm avoiding organization in favor of having coffee with friends, or meeting up at the park to play. Sometimes I wonder if this is ok? You know? There is only so much time -- and there are oh-so-many things to do. I really do want to be an organized person. I mean, at least I think I do...it seems like it'd make my life simpler. But then I look around, blink a few times, get bogged down,...then go out to enjoy the sunshine with people I love.

Oh life.

---
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

I pray I can make the most of this life -- blessing and being blessed by those around me.
And, if you think of it, could you pray for that, too?

Much love to you all.

2 comments:

  1. haha..."or an ice cream truck". that's adorable :)
    can your kids get any cuter?
    love and miss. so much.
    Bizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, those coffee dates and park dates with friends are important too. You're doing what's most important, loving those kiddos and being a good friend.

    ReplyDelete