Monday, December 17, 2012


I've been looking forward to writing this post for a while now...its just been a little difficult to find a few spare minutes this past week... :)


So our sweet Ira Clarkson has been with us for 10 days now, and its true again, post partum time goes much more quickly than pre - and when it's all said and done, you look back and marvel at all the life changing events that have just transpired. Birth is one of the most amazing things I will ever experience, I'm sure of that.

Labor was easy peasy this time (haha, who am I trying to kid?) -- no really, it was slow to start, but went quickly when active finally started (about 4hrs)... All in all, it was another miraculous experience, and I feel really blessed. 

best feeling. ever.
meeting daddy

We loved our hospital stay, the care was great and the time was quiet. We had nice long visits with family (especially sweet big sister Imogen)...and some friends that brought dinner one night.  There was lots and lots of snuggle time with baby. It was lovely. 


i'm almost certain that they're visiting about golf

a few hours old

We got home on Sunday afternoon and have had a very pleasant week since then. Huge thanks goes to Grammi and Granddad (T's parents) for staying at our house with Imogen and bringing her up to the hospital for visits during our stay (and for generally spoiling her, I'm sure).  And another heaping dose of thanks to Nonna (my mom) for coming and staying a few days last week...I never lifted a finger. No joke. 
And thanks to friends and family for all the food and the visits and the love.


Our new darling is such a sweet and cuddly baby, we've all been loving loving him. :)

love Imogen's face

So, there it is. The responsibility of being Mom of 2 has not set in yet, I'm sure of that. And I can't say that I'm looking forward to the overwhelming days that I'm sure are in my future...but for now, I feel good. I feel healthy. I love my 3.

Yes, I say it again, God is good.

More to come. Love to you all.




7 comments:

  1. Wow! What a blessing. Everyone looks healthy and happy. Glad little Ira made it safe and sound.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love that face too! So sweet...I'm getting jealous of Isabel about right now. Wish I could see you all too, meet Mr. Ira and hug on Immy. Thanks for the update as I'm sure it is more difficult now than ever to find the time to do so. Love you guys, Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you amp-c! Love the pics and updates. I swear 2 is easier than 1! Especially in about a year:-)
    Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So happy for you guys. Looks like you'll have fun with those 2!

    Alisha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Oh, Oh! How happy I am for you and all of your family members.

    I'd been thinking about you, but lost track of the time during this busy time of the year. Sooo... I'm in the middle of doing my hair when you pop into my mind again and I HAD to stop and come to the blog where I knew I'd find a new and healthy baby surrounded by a proud family.

    Congratulations and Have a Very Merry Christmas!

    Well to the outside world Ira!

    ReplyDelete
  6. By the way, I love all the pictures, however, the shot looking down on you and Ira is my fav - so natural and loving. The first picture of the four of you is first runner up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so the one of T looking at Ira (maybe thinking about golf) in the hospital crib is heartwarming, too. I remember staring at my new babies - amazed; God Is good.

    And this IS my last comment!

    ReplyDelete