Tuesday, October 23, 2012

trip II

So, as I was saying...

::dreamychimesofyesteryear::


We had a lovely dinner and visit with James and Lori & Steve and Betty (and their way-too-grown offspring). Imogen thought she was grown, too, by the look of this photo:



Also, there are plastic high heels under that dress. No, really.
:)

And why is that the only photo I have of that night?


Thursday night we were at Travis and Sarah's. Collin and Stephanie were in attendance as well.
These two little girls were pretty cute:








Again, the only photos of the night. There were grown ups there. I promise.



We were at Jackie's, staying up late visiting on this last night in town...we had just gone to bed when Jackie knocks on the door and says something about fire:



Ya, that's my parents TX house. :( We were grateful the family that lives there now was safe, and no one was hurt. Stinks to have your stuff burn, though.
And quite the adventure for the last night in Texas.


Friday morning it was on to Kansas, where I took no picture of Imogen and her great grandparents!
But here's one with cousin Nicholas:






They look very related. And Immy even claimed to be him...sitting in her high chair a couple mornings after we got home she's saying "I'm Nic. I'm Nic." :)

We had a delicious dinner prepared by Grandma, and then an early birthday celebration for Imogen, complete with divine cheesecake by Aunt Andrea:



It was so nice to be with everyone...and I hate that I didn't take pictures of everyone. :(


Sunday morning it was back in the car, eastbound big time. We actually drove and drove until we crashed at my parent's house at 2:30am Monday. It was so nice to climb into a comfy bed...and huge thanks to mom and dad for putting us up after moving all weekend!!

So, all in all a very fun trip.

We're back into the full swing. The kitchen has a project to finish. Imogen has a birthday in a couple of days. And me? I'm a 90 year old pregnant woman.

Wait. Does that sound weird?
Yes.
It does.
Just saying...I'm quite pregnant. And I quite feel like I'm ancient, ancient, ancient.

6 weeks to baby time!

Love.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment